NAVIGON GPS navigation for Europe
With NAVIGON you can transform your Android smartphone into a fully functional mobile navigation system with on-board maps, which entails no data transfer or roaming charges for map display, route calculation, etc. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the Android operating concept.
– The software requires additional data (maps, voices etc.) via WLAN after installation!
Features and range of functions
+ Google Street View – destination preview (where available)
+ Lane assistant / Active Lane assistant (requires android 2.2 or higher)
+ Bluetooth support (requires android 2.2 or higher)
+ NAVION Latest Map Guarantee (new customers receive the most up-to-date map when purchasing the app)
+ Google Local Search
+ Foursquare log-in at destination
+ Glympse: Send your position information to selected users
+ Safety Cameras (permanently installed cameras)
+ Reality View Pro
+ Speed Assistant
+ NAVIGON Reality Scanner
+ NAVIGON MyRoutes
+ Text-to-Speech and precise spoken announcements
+ Different English accents
+ Extended Pedestrian Navigation
+ Destination entry with coordinates
+ 2D and 3D map displays
+ Last Mile – can save automatically your car’s position and switches to pedestrian- resp.public transport mode* for walking of the last mile. *Public transport mode is available only when in-app “Urban guidance” has been purchased
+ NAVTEQ map material for 44 countries of Europe
NEW: Enhance your system with in-app packages
+ Urban Guidance – navigate in many European urban areas using public transport**
+ Panorama View 3D
+ NAVIGON FreshMaps XL
+ NAVIGON cockpit
+ The Michelin restaurant and hotel guide
+ The Michelin green guide
+ ADAC camping guide (German language only)
+ POI all-in-one (extra POI package)
+ Mobile Alert Live – a new MOBILE danger zone service
+ NAVIGON LPG and Bio-Diesel filling stations
**The service is currently available in more than 55 European metropolitan areas. Urban Guidance is a Live service and therefore requires a data connection.
– Positioning your smartphone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception and for your own safety! Ensure that this is always positioned outside of the range of the airbags!
– NAVIGON is an on-board solution. This means that all map material, voice announcements and system files are saved on the telephone. Therefore no charges or waiting time for data transfer are incurred.
– The Europe version requires approx. 2GB of free memory. Please ensure you have sufficient available mass-storage space (SD card). The map material must be downloaded after installing the app via wireless Internet on the smartphone. Please ensure a reliable and safe connection is available.
– On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is required to register your product
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.