Main ebook formats: ePub (including main features of ePub3), PDF, Kindle azw3 (mobipocket), fb2(.zip).Other supported formats: comic books (CBR/CBZ), RTF, doc (MS Word), html, plain text.
Upgrade to the Premium Edition of this popular ebook reader.
Features available in this premium version:
* Google/Yandex Translate integration
* Built-in support for PDF and comic book formats
* Thumbnail library view
To assist reading in a foreign language, use FBReader’s dictionary integration to look up words or phrases. You can choose from a wide selection of external dictionaries.
In FBReader Premium, you can translate sentences without leaving the application, using the integrated Google or Yandex translator. (Warning: daily usage of this feature may be limited.)
FBReader supports synchronization of your library and/or reading positions with the FBReader book network ( https://books.fbreader.org/ ), a Google Drive™ based cloud service. Synchronization is disabled by default; to enable and configure it, use the preferences dialog.
FBReader is fast and highly customizable – it can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts and custom backgrounds, the screen brightness can be adjusted while reading (slide finger up/down along the left screen edge), and different day/night color schemes can be selected.
This reader also includes a browser/downloader to access different network ebook catalogs and stores. Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese, and Polish libraries are included. Custom OPDS catalogs are supported too.
Alternatively, you can download books manually and save them on your device in /sdcard/Books.
In addition, this reader is localized for 34 languages, and includes hyphenation patterns for 24 languages. The app is open-source (GPL).
* Fixed “return to” items behavior (in the back button menu)
* Fixed preferences crash on Android 4.0/4.1
* Fixed “Supported file formats” preference
* Multiple files per book
* File change notification
* Fixed reading progress issue
* Easy access to books on sd card
* Android 6: FBReader opens ePub/PDF files from external applications (not fb2 yet)
* No longer wrong “missing book” notifications
* “Tweet what you have read” link at end of book
* Autocrop option for PDFs and comics